Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sadness

It's hard to say much after what happened in Boston. I had planned to talk about how I didn't go to yoga today because I didn't sleep well. (I think having at coffee at 4:30pm on Sunday wasn't my brightest choice.) But, I'm sitting here consumed with thoughts about the tragic deaths at the end of what should have been a victory for so many. I'm worried about a woman whom I've never met. I know she was running today and I've seen no action on her blog or on Twitter. I do know that a coworker's friend is ok...so there's that.

On top of the feelings of grief over a senseless tragedy, I wonder about those who trained for so long for this chance at running at one of the greatest races in the world and have to stop without ever finishing. People were redirected. People died. So many emotions.

I'm going to go for a run in the morning with Dave. I'm going to run for those who can't. I'm going to run and think of Boston. Whoever is responsible will not win - because we're still going.

Who is running today?

No comments:

Post a Comment