Monday, April 15, 2013

I Did It!

Don't worry - I went for my run, so you can allow me back. That was a close one!

My friend and I went for a 4 mile run on a local bike path. She wants me to help her get faster, but I really wanted to focus on distance instead of speed today. (Please understand that speed to us is not what speed is, to say...a turtle. Ok, we're not that slow, but we're not speedy at our speediest, either.) I think the run went really well and I'm thrilled that we got it done. I was in a pretty lousy mood and really didn't feel like getting out there, but we did. We rock.

For dinner, I made pork roast that we won at a meat raffle. Do you have those near you? It's a fundraiser where they raffle off meat by selling tickets and spinning a wheel for each game. (We also won 2 racks of ribs, a corned beef brisket and a pork tenderloin.That was a good night.) I also served white beans and green beans. Can anyone tell me why one of my children always has to dislike something that the other two like? (I'm referring to the white beans.) They do take turns being the one who dislikes something, so at least there's that.

I didn't have a big enough pan.

Yum!
Yoga is definitely planned for the morning. Then, I'm heading to Rochester for work. It should be a decent day, though, since I'm going there for a brand launch celebration. My manager and director made sure to get gluten free food for me to eat - and my director is making a flourless chocolate cake! It should be a pretty decent Monday :-)

Have you ever heard of a meat raffle?

What does your Monday look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment