Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Holy cow is time flying! I can't believe we're already at the end of March. We have a First Communion coming up, then Easter..and then it's April. We have a weekend trip to celebrate a birthday after that and then we'll be full into baseball and softball season. I need everything to slow down! (I also need to figure out how to get my schedule to mesh with all of the ball games. Whose idea was it to have 3 kids?)

It's been over a month since I recommitted myself to being the healthiest I can be. There are times that I think I won't be able to do it, but then I realize how long it has already been! If I can do it for a week, then I can do it for two. If I can do it for two, then I can do it for a month. At this point, why not hold out for two months? (If I have a vodka or two...can I still be healthy? That is really the important question.)

It will be summer soon. I'll need to start training for my September half marathon. Training then will be much easier if I continue good habits now. If I focus on my goal of a 36 minute 5K for June, that will also help my half marathon training. Of course, I did 2 miles after work last night and it almost killed me. That was hard. I'm sure some of it was because I hadn't eaten dinner and had a very sparse lunch, but I wanted to stop the entire time. Like, within a few houses I thought going back to my house would be much better than going on. I did it, though, and averaged a 11:54/mile average. Not too shabby...I'll take it!

(NOTE - I started this post a few days ago and have no idea where I was going with it. So, forgive the abrupt end!)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment