Monday, March 18, 2013

In the Beginning

I started C25K in early 2011. That winter (into spring), I lost 40 pounds. I had given up gluten, as well (more on that later),  and was generally healthier and more fit. I did my first 5K in May and was thrilled to cross that off my bucket list.

In July, I started a new job. I left a group of coworkers that I really enjoyed and a schedule that was conducive to working out. My new routine started earlier and went later. Many days, I was driving over an hour to and from work. Running and eating well took a back seat.

Until now.

I managed to complete the Princess Half Marathon in Walt Disney World this past February, despite not finishing my training program. I was disappointed in my finish, though, and have signed up for another half taking place in the fall. I'm determined to train smarter - and completely - for this one. Due to health issues, I've also resigned myself to life without gluten, rather than just a few months.

This blog will document my journey. I'm not a professional runner. I'm overweight. I'm a wife, mother, full-time employee, volunteer and countless other things. In other words, I'm very much like you. I hope you enjoy my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment