Friday, March 22, 2013

How much is right?

When I first did C25K, I ran every other morning before work. I rarely missed a run and had a great schedule. However, changing jobs changed my schedule. The kids have also gotten busier. My husband's job changed. The end result is that I stopped running.

Last summer I had the brilliant idea to do the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I roped my sisters and mother into going on the trip, too, and doing the 5K. I started training in the fall and did pretty well with it. But, around the holidays, my plan just fell apart. I had a really hard time getting back on the wagon, despite a lot of very positive people in my life. I did manage to finish the race (it was at the end of February), but I know I could've done better.

Since the beginning of the year, I've been working with a nutritionist through a program at work. With her help, I began modifying my eating habits and have lost a few pounds. I've also been running a couple miles at a time, focusing on increasing my speed. Now, I joined a gym where I can take classes to help round out my workouts. But, how much is right?

I think my plan, for now, is to run 3 times a week (possible doing C25K with my husband and one kid), spin 1 time a week and do pilates 1 time a week. I know I should strength train, too, but I'm going to hold off for now. It's almost baseball/softball season for two of my kids, which means that my schedule is going to fill up pretty quickly. I know that I need to take time for me, but I have to make sure my family's needs are met, too.

What I hope is that my plan is enough. Once we're fully into spring I'll need to focus on a half-marathon training program, so I'll need to reevaluate then, anyway.

Any of you training for anything? What's your workout schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment